Saturday 16 August 2014

Secrets and Lies:

I can never understand how God works. But He works in the most mysterious way possible. I was supposed to go away for this weekend to attend a formation training in another emirate. Somehow though I just couldn't bring myself to go, the thought of leaving made me feel very unpleasant and at the last minute I changed my mind and ended up in a friend's house. We sat up chatting late into the wee hours of the night, rambling about any topic that caught our whims and fancies and suddenly out of nowhere one friend started sharing about a vision she had two years ago.

As she shared, my spine stiffened and my breath caught in my throat because I could see the vision as she was speaking. She saw a vision about three elders ministering to a group of teens on a rooftop. It was daytime and slowly it became dark. After the praise and worship ended the teens were sent below and two of the elders followed them downstairs. However the last one suddenly turned and stared directly at her and his face was that of a demon. I was so scared by this time, I could barely think straight but somehow I felt the time she received the vision was important. So I kept asking her when did you see this, which month was it and she said it was November 2012. How well I remember that time.

It was about that time that two of our treasured elders, people who founded the ministry and were pillars of the ministry were leaving us. They left the ministry in the hands of a few of us who grew up in the teens and were great friends. However as soon as they left problems started plaguing us.

2013 was a year full of struggles. The year started with a fight and ended with a fight. Throughout the year a bunch of us who were so close to each other and who were in charge of the ministry were arguing constantly, fighting and blaming each other. There was so much negativity and pride, resentment, envy, bitterness, self righteousness going on. Accusations were flying around and endless confrontations were held throughout the year. But no resolution appeared. The worst part being we were so blinded by our pride that we didn't see that we were being manipulated by a grand puppet master. The struggles continued into this year with me spending the first eight months in major depression.

As I was seeing the vision, I realized that the elders in the scene were us. The ministry ran fine and whoever attended never figured out what was going on behind the scenes. When the demon turned to look at me I felt like his smile was mocking. He was saying that he had already sowed the seeds of discord and disunity among us. And it was so true. Because October 2012 is when all our problems really started. The vision was meant to serve as a warning but we never knew. We were so content with blaming each other and fighting, so blinded to the truth that we played right into the hands of the evil one.

And he played so well. He sowed lies and deceit, misunderstandings and unforgiveness. No wonder he is called the Father of Lies. Our friendship was so strong and instrumental for leading the ministry. And the devil chose to attack that holy friendship to tear the ministry apart.

I think the evil one's biggest trap is that we rarely realize that he's there working behind the scenes. And when we finally overcome that trap we might feel tempted to wallow in regret, guilt and shame regarding the past. That's the trap laid within the trap.

It was no coincidence that I didn't go away this weekend. It was no coincidence that I ended up in this friend's house and I heard this. It was no coincidence that a vision seen 2 years ago was randomly shared now. Because that was God's way of telling us that we need to sit in prayer. That we need to intercede strongly that all the bondages built over the past years get broken and that healing begins in each of our hearts before we all go our separate ways. And I'm so thankful that inspite of all the struggles God never allowed the friendship to get broken. And after spending two days in constant prayer I have mentally received closure regarding the past two years. The realization put so many events in perspective, the last vestiges of unforgiveness have been swept away and finally my heart is peaceful.

The Divine Healer has begun healing. And He will complete the good work that He has begun in us.


No comments:

Post a Comment