Sunday 7 September 2014

Heartstrings:

My heart is an instrument and on it You play a melody like no other. When You play, the music is heavenly and wonderful but some days I take it away from You and selfishly try to play it the way I want to. And then it is no melody, no symphony but a noisy gong and a clanging cymbal.

I want to let go of this rope but You tell me to hold on. I feel like a fool playing tug of war so ferociously when the other person has put down the rope and walked away. Still You tell me, hang on, wait, don't let go. I grow weary holding this rope and my heart is ever restless. Will I wait in vain forever or will my patience be rewarded?

I put down the rope and walk away. The music changes, jarring and disturbing all those who hear it. I run away from You but not for long. I want to hear that music again. I want to be another instrument in Your orchestra. And when my heart is once more in Your hands you create a Divine Symphony like never before.

I am impatient but for now I will hold the rope again and wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment