Thursday 11 June 2015

I will forget you:

From today onwards
I don’t know you
I haven’t even seen you before
We have never walked past each other

I am fine, I forgot everything
I am happy in this busy world
With the simple pleasures that give me joy

Love is like this
It comes and goes from time to time
And as time goes on I can’t even remember you

When one love goes
Another love will start
Even if it hurts now
Time will pass, wounds will heal

That’s how it will be
Surely that’s how it will be

I will live well
I will be strong
I will forget you
I will move on

The above is the lyrics of one of my favorite songs called "I will forget you". What strikes me in particular is that its not a vengeful declaration to cut ties, not a harsh decision made in the heat of a moment or a brash statement to maim and injure the heart. The song is sung with a feeling of resigned acceptance, the acceptance of a person who realizes that this relationship is destroying the peace in their life and trying to hold on is causing instability. It's the sincere heart of a person who has tried their best to maintain the relationship and cannot hang on. Acceptance brings them peace.

Sometimes letting go is the only way.

Do listen and enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment