Tuesday 31 March 2015

Ill fate:

I thought if I screamed louder you would finally hear

You heard but you pretended not to

I tried to bend myself backwards trying to make you understand

You understood but your ego would not let you admit it

And now I’m tired

Tired of always understanding but never being understood

Tired of being second best because your ego comes before the relationship

Tired of screaming out loud because you won’t hear it anyways

So I give up and stay silent

I slowly slip away as our friendship becomes a shadow of what it used to be

Awkward silences, extended pauses, mundane pleasantries

Trying to hold water in a basket full of holes

Until there’s nothing left to keep

Fate made us cross paths and destiny had begun

Who knew then that it was ill fate?

No comments:

Post a Comment